Drummer, entrepreneur, speaker, consultant, Mike Veny has been able to parlay his love of music, and of drumming in particular, into multiple successful career paths and charitable endeavors.
Mike is the founder and owner of FastDrumSkills.Com, MusicLessonBusiness.Com, and SupportMusicEducation.Com. His entrepreneurial skills, leadership skills and people skills have made him an in-demand speaker and a consultant to some of the top businesses in the world.
As for charitable endeavors, Mike is on the Board of Directors for the
Fender Music Foundation and a member of the NAMM Foundation’s SupportMusic Coalition, which seeks to strengthen community commitment and support for quality music education in schools.
Mike has spent many years facilitating drum circles for children with special needs as well as for their parents. Mike also recently presented a workshop called the Benefits of Music and Drumming at the 14th Annual Moving Forward in Children’s Mental Health Conference on Long Island. The workshop explored the benefits of involving children in music, and drumming as a means of improving interpersonal skills and self-esteem.
All of Mike’s varied and impressive accomplishments can be traced back to one thing – his love of drumming.
Mike, who is a graduate and faculty member at the Long Island High School for the Arts, is an accomplished professional studio drummer, with over 21 years of experience. He has also been teaching private drum lessons for more than 10 years.
Known for high energy grooves, a ferocious backbeat, a beautiful drum sound, and magnificent stage presence, Mike draws inspiration from Dennis Chambers, Ziggy Modeliste and Rico Lewis. Mike has been coached by Kim Monroe, Chet Doboe, Jerry Nobile, Dave Rataczjak, Tobias Ralph, and Drori Mondlak.
Mike’s drumming accomplishments include:
- Has been seen in Modern Drummer Magazine, Drum! Magazine, Rhythm Magazine, Drumhead Magazine, and Percussion News advertisements.
- His expertise has allowed him to serve as an adjudicator for the Guitar Center Drum Off, the World’s Largest Drum Competition.
- Performed with the Nhojj, Nickelodeon’s Dirty Sock Funtime Band, the Hip Pickles Drum Band, the Sunrisers Drum & Bugle Corps, pit orchestras for many musicals, various contemporary ensembles, and on seven albums including Chicago the Musical, Jesus Christ Superstar, and Bad Ideas: a New Musical by Joshua Z. Kant.
- Performed on various projects with Jeannine Otis, featured soloist on the dance rendition of Somewhere Over the Rainbow, which reached the Top Ten on the High Energy Dance Charts in the USA, UK, Italy, and Australia.
- Performed with Leslie Diamond, from the cast of Rent and with the Emmy Award Winning Kim Oler, the staff composer for ABC’s All My Children, As the World Turns, The Tracey Ullman Show, and The Guiding Light.
- Drummer for sean360x & universoul spiRitual Ankhestra. sean360x was #1 on ReverbNation Electronica/Dance charts for 16 weeks in 2009.