- Blog. Blogging is one of the best ways to market yourself. In fact, you’re reading a blog post right now.
Tip: Learn about search engine optimization for blogs.
- Do a referral exchange with other teachers or studios. For example, if you teach piano, it would be good to find a flute teacher who would be willing to send students your way, and vice versa.
Tip: Be willing to refer first, before expecting one in return.
- Give FREE workshops and masterclasses. Give a whole group of people a live demonstration of what you teach.
Tip: Be prepared to hand out your business cards.
- Start an incentive program.
Example: Offer students a free lesson for every person they refer who signs up.
- Offer the first lesson free of charge.
Tip: Do your best to make sure the person is genuinely interested in your lessons, so you don’t waste your time.
- Create an instructional YouTube video. It can be instructional, informative, funny or promotional.
Tip: Put the URL to your website (http://yoursite.com) first in the video description.
- Promote yourself on Facebook and Twitter.
Reminder: Start conversations and follow up with people.
- Add an e-mail signature. You email people all the time. Did you know that you can also market your private lessons in your emails? Add a signature line at the end of your e-mail with a link to your site that advertises your private music lessons. It’s easy to do.
Tip: Encourage people to sign up.
- Write an interesting article. Writing an article will not only give you another marketing material to hand out, but it wall also position you as an expert.
Tip: Submit your article to free online article directories.
- Ask students and parents for testimonials. Put them on your site and in all of your marketing materials.
Tip: Ask them for a picture.
What Other Ways Have You Marketed Yourself For FREE?
(please answer below)